How to Backup and Sync Hard Drive
It might seem like a tedious task, but if you sync hard drive of your computer for creating a backup, you would save yourself a lot of trouble in case you accidently lose your important files, documents or photos.
There are two options available to let you backup and sync hard drive: copying data to an external hard drive or using online storage options.
Backup and Sync Hard Drive to an External Drive
Using an external drive, such as a USB, is an easy an economical way of creating a backup for the files stored on your computer. In the market, you will find such external devices with varying storage capacities as well as varying costs. You can, therefore, buy the one with the storage space you require and the cost you can afford.
You can sync hard drive of your computer to an external drive in the following two ways.
Copy and Paste
This is the simplest option to sync hard drive to a USB. This option is more viable if you want to backup selective files. Select the files and then right click or press ctrl+ c to copy them.
Paste the copied files to your destination folder in your USB. This simple process is what almost anyone can carry out to sync hard drive of their computers.
Windows Backup Wizard
Another simple process which can be used to sync hard drive involves the use of Windows Backup Wizard. You just have to follow the instructions to save your data to an external hard drive.
Windows backup wizard is useful for transferring a large amount of data to the external hard drive. You can practically back-up all the data present in your Windows supported computer through this wizard.
Online Backup through Cloud
Cloud storage offers an even better option than external drives for creating the backup of your photos and important documents.
Why to Turn to Cloud Storage?
It is wise to avail cloud storage services in order to create a safe data backup. Mentioned below are some reasons which justify the use of cloud as the best way to sync hard drive.
- Small external drives, such as a USB, can be stolen or lost, losing all the back-up data which can never be recovered again. Therefore, Cloud storage is the best option to sync hard drive.
- External hard drives can go through physical damage, affecting the data stored on them. Therefore, they cannot be relied upon as a good backup source.
- Besides unlimited storage, you can avail other cloud services if you turn to them for creating a backup for your computer.
- Cloud storage is safe, economical and free of any damage that external hard drives can go through.
- With cloud services, you can access your backed up files from anywhere.
Cloud Backup Services
With the growing popularity of cloud services, the number of cloud service providers is also rapidly increasing. With different charges and varying efficiency of service, there is a long list of Cloud service providers you can turn to. You can avail the services of BackupGenie, Mozy or SugarSync among numerous other cloud backup service providers to sync hard drive.