Cloud Storage Backup Plans
Data storage was traditionally established using a hard disk or other external means. With the rise of internet, the popularity of cloud based data storage had grown to every nook and corner of the world. But, even now there are business owners and organizations which do not trust this particular storage methodology mainly because businesses are not ready to store their top secret data using a system which stores it outside their business entity. This is just a misconception because the advantage of using a cloud based data storage system is very high when compared to traditional sources. Benefits of a cloud based data storage and different cloud storage backup plans are explained further.
Cloud Storage Backup – Benefits
Cloud based data storage system is successful mainly because of the numerous benefits that it offers to the users. By the end of this discussion, users who are in a dilemma whether to choose a cloud based storage system or not would go ahead subscribing for one. For a business and corporate organization, data security, file sharing and storage space are three of the most important factors. Cloud based backup system would offer the best of all the above mentioned factors.
- Business organizations would be in need of a larger storage space in order to safeguard their data. Cloud storage backup plans should be chosen based on the amount of space required by the individual or the business unit. Different storage spaces would be offered by different cloud based storage systems. Unlimited storage space is also offered by few providers but it is necessary to evaluate other factors such as data centers, security protocols placed etc. High level of security can be achieved along with higher storage space only from a reputed cloud storage provider.
- Data security is another key beneficial factor. The level of security has increased considerably from the evolution of an external hard disk storage system to a cloud based backup system. Tunnel based network transmission and advanced firewall settings would keep the data safe and secure and it would be impossible for a hacker or snooper to breach the security.
- File sharing has been made possible with a cloud backup. Software platform or the operations governing the data storage through a cloud based interface is also simple and easy to understand. The user would be able to become an expert in data storage and it is not necessary to be a techie in order to understand the storage basics. Cloud storage system is password secured and it can be accessed only by those who have the access. Business organizations can regulate the access of their data to the employees of their choice.
- Data centers are the locations used by the cloud backup provider to store the data sent to the cloud. Cloud backup service companies that possess multiple data centers would be beneficial for the user since the data would be stored in multiple locations and with that the security would be higher.
- There is no need to waste time or appoint a person to manage the data backup since the entire backup process happens in the background without causing any trouble to the business work. Syncing process would be very quick and automatic backup is a special feature to look out for. For example, if a file that has been stored over a cloud has been modified or altered recently, then the user need not worry about initiating the backup service to update the file, as it would be taken care automatically.
Cloud Storage Backup Plans
Few of the cloud storage backup providers and the plans under which they offer their services are explained in detail.
Individuals who are in need of a storage space of 5GB or less can make use of IDrive to store their data since the company offers it for free. Businesses and corporate in need of excess storage space can opt from various cloud storage backup plans such as 150GB storage space at a price of $34.65 a year, 500GB at $104.65 per year and similarly 1000GB and 2000GB for a price of $209.65 and $349.65 per year. For corporate and businesses with huge need for space can get 5000GB of storage space at a cost of $2099.45 per year. Another factor with respect to the payment is that, all the payments should be made in advance for a year.
IBackup is a backup system owned by IDrive. IDrive is mainly focused towards large business organizations, whereas IBackup is mainly focused towards medium and small businesses. Cloud storage backup plans are spread over different range of storage spaces such as 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 300GB. The pricing of each of these plans are $9.95, $19.95, $49.95, $99.95, $199.95 and $299.95 per month respectively. Offers and discounts are available for users who subscribe for annual packages.
Cyphertite is popular amongst cloud backup storage users due to few important factors such as high level of security, easily accessible interface and open source. Cloud storage backup plans are offered based on the individual users and business users. Personal users would be able to obtain unlimited data storage space at a cost of $10 per month and for businesses, space based price would be charged. A free storage plan is also available for users with a need to store below 8GB.
ADrive supports few special features such as document editing, WebDAV support etc. Cloud storage backup plans offered by ADrive are many. Users with space requirements of 100GB to a maximum limit of 10TB would be able to find their best suitable package from ADrive. $2.50 per month is charged on lower storage space i.e. 100GB and $250 per month for higher storage space, in the range of 10TB. Users who subscribe for their Cloud storage backup plans for 3 years or more would be eligible for attractive discounts.
By now, readers would have been aware of the benefits of a cloud backup system and also a brief on few of the best cloud storage backup plans in the market.