A Brief Introduction to Online Storage Security
The massive loss of valuable business data is usually caused by fire accidents, natural disasters, and break-in theft and so on. If any form of damage is suffered by local servers that provide the application services, it would be an extremely daunting task to reconstruct the system. In such circumstances, online storage arises to offer its resources and services. The geographic distribution application servers of such online storage service providers and their configuration of data and files by the process of cloud computing gives rise to the development for the recovery of system.
According to the studies conducted by the Self Storage Association, the United States alone contains self storage of about 2.21 billion square feet, which accounts to more than 7 square feet of self storage per resident of the country. Businesses and consumers today are on the overload of technology with the increased use of laptops, digital cameras, MP3 players, smart phones, e-readers, etc. Each one of these digital devices owns a large amount of memory-intensive information or data that has to be protected. And more and more people perceive the benefits of storing and protecting crucial data offsite, thus making online storage one of the fastest growing data backup methods available.
Getting Started With Online Storage
When hunting for a reliable online storage provider, it is important that you first know the features offered by some of the leading manufacturers of backup software in the market. For instance, one of the leading companies offers an online image backup service designed especially for home computer owners with the following features:
- Ability to protect your valuable data with about 250GB of secure online protection.
- You can protect and backup your data up to 5 home computers.
- High-grade and reliable government encryption.
- Automatic configuration and regular data backups with a one-time, simple set up process.
- Online data storage enables you to access and recover any of your data on any device connected to the internet.
- For optimized performance and increased backup speed, only backup files with changes will be backed up using incremental backups.
Such features allow home computer owners to easily manage backup, storage and data recovery.
Similarly, companies that offer online storage, backup and recovery services for businesses should provide the following features:
- Transferring of all your onsite disk storage to a secure, offsite location that is safe from theft or disasters.
- Restore entire system images or files to any workstation or server, thus eliminated the need to couple underlying hardware.
- Create and manage online storage policies for servers and workstations and integrate with a single, centralized console.
Businesses must be able to rely on the fast, cost-effective and secure online storage services offered by companies to protect their most vital business data.
Advantages of Online Storage
The advantages offered by offsite, online storage of data are significant and include the following:
- Cost Savings: Right from saving ample sums of money spent on compact discs to preventing the high upfront cost for a remote data center for your business, online data storage is one of the most cost-effective approaches to protect your valuable business data.
- Convenience: Online storage of data eliminates the risk of human error completely by offering “set and forget” backup systems.
- Additional Protection: Your data is well protected from the risk of onsite physical loss caused due to fire, theft, floods, etc.
- Office and Home Applications: Online storage options are available to both business owners as well as home computer owners. Hence, regardless of whether you are looking for a reliable way to protect your enterprise network or financial data, or your personal files and photos, online storage is the best available source of data storage and protection.
- Easy and Quick Data Recovery: Recover all your data, files, folders or complete systems anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Thus, having your sensitive data stored online will ensure that it is protected securely and is accessible to you even after the event of a natural disaster or theft in your home or office.