Best Online Backups for iPhoto
iPhoto is, in reality, the best photo management software available on all Mac OS X devices which offers a variety of features like creating slideshows, emailing photos, Facebook enhancements, photo streams, photo books, photo cards, adjusting photos, and much more. The software is not only used by photo enthusiasts, but also by professional photographers as a portion of their workflow, as it is one of the best photo management applications in the market.
Features of iPhoto
iPhoto provides you three amazingly simple ways to organize and manage all the photos on your Mac. These ways include: Faces, Places, and Events.
- Faces: This feature offered by iPhoto enables you to categorize your photo library based on the people in your pictures. It identifies and recognizes the faces in your photos automatically. The method used by iPhoto to identify faces in your photos is referred to as face detection and after this step, the app uses face recognition technique to find faces that are similar to the face detected. This process makes it easy for you to sort down your photo library based on faces of the people. It also helps you to easily find the people you are looking for in your library. Once you put faces to names and names to faces using iPhoto, you can then sync your entire photo library to your iPhone or iPad and carry them with you.
- Places: With this feature, you no longer have to wonder about the places in which your photos were taken, even after years. The Places feature in iPhoto enables you to search and categorize your photos according to the location in which they were clicked, by making use of the information from any GPS enabled iPhone or camera. If you do not have such GPS enabled devices, you can add the information of locations on your own: all you have to do is simply start typing the name of the location and iPhoto will give you a list of locations to choose from instantly.
- Events: The Events feature of iPhoto automatically organizes your photos based on events, so that you do not get confused about the shot of your best buddy getting married or your child’s first birthday party. When you insert your SD card or connect your camera, iPhoto automatically groups all your images according to the day in which they were taken. You can also integrate several events into one large event, if you wish. All you need to do is simply drag one particular event on another to merge the two. Also, you can label each event with a name of your choice, like “Nick’s 1st birthday” or “Joanne’s wedding”, etc. to easily find everything, whenever you need.
Why Do You Need Online Backups for iPhoto?
Most of you would have the habit of backing up all your important files, folders, photos, and other important data on hard drives. But eventually, hard drives crash followed by a loss of all your valuable data. These are issues that you would never imagine happening to you, and when they do, you would be completely unprepared to overcome the aftermath. Your personal computer will be the hub of your professional, social and personal lives, storing all your valuable documents, videos, photos, music, and much more. Of all these data, nothing is more irretrievable or personal than your photos. Hence, you should definitely consider online backups for iPhoto to securely store your entire photo library for years to come.
Features of Online Backups for iPhoto
Online backup, in simple terms, generally means the storing of your personal data on a remote server. Online backups for iPhoto simply means that you no longer have to worry about your own device like your PC, hard drive, etc. failing. All your photos are backed up remotely, secure and easy for you to restore whenever you need to. Following are some of the most common features offered by almost all online backups for iPhoto:
- Backup online: It doesn’t matter whether you are connected to the internet directly or on a Wi-Fi network, backing up of your photos happens automatically whenever you are connected to the internet.
- Backup everything: Most online backups for iPhoto back up everything on your PC except for your applications, operating system, and other temporary files.
- Secure backup: When you use online backups for iPhoto, all your photos are encrypted on your PC, transferred over an encrypted connection, and stored on the remote location encrypted. If you require more security, then you can add your own password or passphrase in order to obtain another layer of security and privacy.
- Continuous backup: If you make any changes to your photo library, like adding an event name or inserting a location, then the online backup solution you choose will back up the altered version of your photos immediately. By default, online backups for iPhoto perform backups all the time without the need for you to remember doing them frequently. You can also schedule your backups at a convenient time of your choice.
- Efficient backup: Most online backups for iPhoto perform cumulative backups of your photos as efficiently as possible. For instance, if your photo library contains a particular photo twice, the backup solution you choose will de-duplicate the photo and back it up only once. And if you restore the photo, it will be restored in both the places. If you have large files that have to be stored, the backup solution will compress those files to perform the storage efficiently.
Most online backups for iPhoto offer their services for a reasonable monthly charge. You will have to perform enough research, look for all the features you will require, and then choose the best online backup solution that would suit your needs.