Best Online Backups for iPod
Most of you would have dropped your iPods at some point or the other. All of us are humans and accidents do happen. But sometimes these accidents can result in causing disastrous damages to your iPod. When your iPod stops working after the accident, you may try replacing the hardware, which is quite easy to do. But, what if you happen to lose your favorite photos, music, movies, or other media files that you have collected over the years? Or what if you lose your iPod somewhere? You will not be able to replace all these valuable files and hence you should look up for online backups for iPod. This definitely requires some forethought. Of course, you can always use the Apple method to back up all your media files; however, iCloud and iTunes are not the only backup solutions out there. There are several other online backups for iPod in the market and this article discusses the different features that you must look for when choosing the best online backups for iPod.
How Should Online Backups Be Like?
The basic aspects that you should look for in online backups for iPod include the following:
- It should be automatic: The online backup solution you choose for your iPod should be set up once and function automatically, without requiring a human supervision.
- It should encrypt all your files: The online backup solution should encrypt all the media files you wish to encrypt and store them in a secure, remote location that is accessible only by you, from any place and on any device.
- It should be smart: The online backup solution that you look for must be smart enough to backup only those data that have not been backed up previously, only those parts of your files that have been changed or updated, and should be able to back up those files that are open and locked.
Features of Online Backups for iPod
Following are some of the features that you should look for when choosing online backups for iPod:
- Automatic backup: Any online backup solution should back up your irreplaceable files automatically, so that you do not have to do it on your own. When you are ready to install the application or software on your device, it should provide you with all the instructions necessary for performing the installation. If you select the automatic setup option during the process, the software should do the rest for you. Once the installation is done, you should never have to remember to perform your backup again. With automatic online backups for iPod, the backup automatically runs in the background backing up new and updated files whenever your device is connected to the internet.
- Safe and secure: The online backup solution you choose must encrypt your files and store them in a highly secure data center. Most online backups for iPod use 128 bit encryption technique to encrypt your files, when they are still on your device. They then use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to transmit them to their secure data centers. This technology is being widely used in ecommerce and online banking transactions. Hence, the only person who can access or view your files is you.
- Access anytime, anywhere: The best online backups for iPod should allow you to access your files on the go, regardless of your location, from any internet-connected device. With anytime and anywhere access provided by the online backup solutions, you can access your files securely from anywhere and on any device that has an internet connection. All you need to do is log in to your online backup account and access, restore, update, or transfer your files easily.
- Easy recovery: You should be able to recover your files whenever and wherever you need them. Some online backups for iPod store your files in their servers for 30 days even after you delete a file accidentally. During this time, you can easily restore the deleted file on your iPod by using the backup provider’s application on your device. You can just select the lost file from the list of all the backed up files and simply click restore.
- Save time, effort, and money: Backing up your media files on external hard drives, CDs or other storage devices can consume a lot of time, effort, and money. Also, you will be able to do it only when you find time. And there are still chances that these storage devices can be destroyed, lost, or stolen. But, with online backups for iPod, you do not have to face such issues and you can back up all your files for a low monthly charge.
Most leading and reliable online backups for iPod provide all the above mentioned features to their users. Choosing the best one depends on the amount of files you wish to store, your budget, and the features you are looking for in a backup provider.