Online Backups for iTunes
Online backups for iTunes basically send your valuable data to the internet where flood, fire, hard drive failure, and thievery cannot touch it, in real time, taking into account you have access to the internet. Firstly, most online backup solutions are designed in such a way that they are really easy to use. With such backups, you need not choose the file types and folders you wish to backup. This simply means that all your data will be backed up automatically without the need for you to do anything. Secondly, almost all online backups for iTunes are unlimited so that you do not have to worry about exceeding the given limit and having to pay extra amount. They provide unlimited storage, unlimited file size and unlimited bandwidth.
Features of Online Backups for iTunes
Online backups for iTunes are designed to secure you from any adversities of data. You are allowed to preselect all the crucial folders like your Desktop, Documents, Picture, Music, and Videos for backup at any after-hours backup schedule of your choice. Online backup solutions also provide you with customization options that are inclusive of the ability to modify the backup you have already set, the respective schedules, reporting options, and much more. Most online backups for iTunes perform the transferring and storing of your data by making use of 256 bit AES encryption.
The key features offered by online backups for iTunes include bandwidth throttle, versioning, incremental backups, data compression, and enhanced security, all of which ensure fast and secure backups of your iTunes library.
- Bandwidth throttle: The bandwidth throttle feature offered by online backups for iTunes helps in optimizing the usage of bandwidth so that all your back ups can be performed uninterruptedly and with no obstruction to other applications. You can fix separate bandwidth usage limits for the backups performed when the computer is being used and when it is not. By default, the bandwidth throttle is set to 100% when the computer is not being used. This percentage is applicable for both interactive and scheduled backups. In case of bandwidth throttling when the computer is being used, the percentage is set to 25% by default. This percentage allows other applications on your system to function without any obstruction.
- Versioning: Online backups for iTunes allow you to retain and restore the previous versions of all the files backed up to your online account. Most backup solutions enable you to restore up to 30 previous versions of your files to any part on your computer. In such cases, you need not worry about the additional storage spaces occupied by the previous file versions, as it does not have any influence on your account’s total storage space. The storage space occupied by the most recent version of your files will only be computed and all the historic versions are stored for free.
- Incremental backups: Incremental backup is a default feature with most online backups for iTunes. It simply means that only those files that are new or have changed since the previous full or incremental backup are backed up. The purpose of an incremental backup is to protect and preserve all your data by generating copies depending on the differences in their data and thus minimizing the amount of time required to perform the backup. Incremental backups are especially beneficial because they use up minimum space for data storage and can be performed quicker than differential backups. The different variants of incremental backups include: Incremental, Reverse Incremental, Multilevel Incremental, Block Level Incremental, Incremental Forever, and Byte Level Incremental.
- Data compression: Online backups for iTunes also perform data compression during transmission to ensure quick backups. With the data compression feature, an online backup solution for iTunes will typically compress all your data with the help of a lossless compression algorithm in order to minimize the amount of data storage bandwidth used.
- Enhanced security: This is one of the most important features offered by almost all online backups for iTunes. All your data are encrypted on your system, transferred over an encrypted network connection, and also stored in the same way.
In addition to the above mentioned features, online backups for iTunes offer various other features as well. It is up to you and your requirements to choose the backup solution that would benefit you the most.